I can’t believe that it’s the year 2016! My 10-year high school reunion is only a year away! Now THAT’S scary! It’s that time of year where we start a new chapter in our lives, make resolutions or set goals. So for my first post of 2016, I would like to express my resolutions and goals, personal and work related!
- Quit Smoking – My quit date was Dec. 26th – so I am officially 9 days cigarette free! This has been a resolution for many years, but I have never actually gone through with it. I am ready to be done with that nasty habit, and have faith that I will never smoke again.
- Learn VectorWorks – My main work related goal is to start learning VectorWorks, so I can help Larry with more! I am currently a graphic design student, learning all of the Adobe programs, so I think I will find VectorWorks easy to learn, with some help.
- Cook more, & healthier – I love to cook. I recently took a second job as the chef at a small café in downtown St. Petersburg. However, I have been slacking when it comes to cooking at home. After my 10-hour workday all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV. So I either don’t eat, or eat crap. I really want to change that and start cooking healthy meals again. A good way to stick to this resolution is to meal prep on Sunday! Pinterest is loaded with meal prep recipes and tips that make it easy, so there is no excuse!
- Exercise – Oh my goodness, I am picking all of the cliché resolutions. But I actually think these things are important now. I just turned 27, and while that is still young, it is getting up there and I need to start preparing for my future. I have been going on long walks to help with my smoking urges, but eventually I would like to run! I also downloaded some workout apps on my computer! I refuse to pay for a gym membership again.
- Join a Work-Related Group – Now that I am a working professional, it is time to start collecting contacts and getting myself out there. Which, by the way, is terrifying to me!! I am not a fan of social engagements, but if I want to be successful, I need to push myself out of my comfort zone. I would like to join a group for local, young professionals.
Here’s to a successful and healthy new year, and new me!